The property is early eighteenth century with later alterations and additions. Originally the rectory to All Saints’ Church and designed with a large number of bedrooms to accommodate the rector’s 14 children.
Made with Cotswold oolitic limestone the Grade II listed building is described as being constructed of: squared and course rubble with stone dressings and stone stacks. Irregular U-shaped plan with eighteenth century east wing facing church and nineteenth century block to rear around courtyard. Two storey and attic, 6 window east front. Segmental headed windows, some with small pane wooden cross mullions and some with 12 pane sashes: 5 hipped dormers. Sash fenestration to nineteenth century block. Interior: early eighteenth century block has open newel staircase with twisted balusters and mahogany handrail and ground floor room to left with raised and fielded panelling.
Previous occupants, who lived here when it was called Crudwell Court, include in 1933 Colonel Rex Osbourne, whose daughter, June, married Randolph Churchill, son of Sir Winston Churchill. Then in 1959 Mr and Mrs R.S. Gilbey, a scion of the gin family, who ran a famous pedigree Guernsey herd. The initials R.G. can still be seen outside on the left of the front door.
Within the grounds is a Grade II listed dovecote, dating from the late thirteenth century. The Nonarum Inquisitions of 1341 mention a dovecote attached to Crudwell Rectory, which belonged to Malmesbury Abbey. The dovecote was probably built by William of Colerne, appointed abbot in 1260 and responsible for the rebuilding of the church between 1260 and 1288.